Re: [LI] any suggestions on server configuration

Hi there...

> You can have a swap
> space of either
> 256MB or 512MB ??      Any comments ??

Why not make a ramdisk, and then use it for swap?
having swap is very good. But having it on RAM will
make things faster, dont u think? I dont think all of
1GB could be used, given today's linux apps. Dont
quote me on this even after an year! I do remember
when i thought i wont be needing more than 1M of RAM!
;-) Windows'll lap it all up considering its bloaty
code! ;-)

> And which fdisk are you talking about ?? DOS fdisk
> ?? or linux fdisk ?? if
> it is DOS fdisk, I am
> lifting my hands.  ;-)
>
> If it is linux fdisk, then you might want to have a
> look at the jumper at
> the rear of your
> HDD or enable LBA mode in BIOS or listen to the
> gurus here on the LI. ;-)

The LBA mode can access only 8.4G of space, i think
u'll have to put it on Large disk access, to get Linux
identify the whole thing...

> i have a compaq proliant server P2-450 Xeon with 1GB
> RAM and 9GB SCSI disk.

Geez... now that's something ELSE! ;-)

Nikhil.