Re: [LI] Installing linux...

Hi There,
Since you are installing Linux, it is obvious that you might not have linux
;-)
Instead of using the boot.img, use the bootnet.img and create a bootable
floppy
with that and then boot the system running win-doze with that floppy
and then choose ftp and then give the Ip of the machine having linux (
CD-ROM )
and the when asked for directory type in /pub and you should be on .
HTH
     Khader
P.S; I am going by my earlier assumption of mouting CD-ROM on /homt/ftp/pub

Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.35
# 91-80-5262355                Extn:2527

"Deivanayak T Balakrishnan" <dnayak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/02/2000 10:09:44 PM
My other system has no linux at all. i need to boot the second system using
a boot floppy made from boot.img. Please provide information about, if i
can
invoke the CDROM in system 1 (the one with linux) to perform an FTP
installation in system 2 - presently running windoze.