[LI] pcq update problem and jdk1.2 pre problem

I have run once pcqupdat when I installed RH6.1. At that time, I didn't
install jdk. Now i wanted to install JDK as root and tried pcq update
from /mnt/cdrom/pcq folder. I got msg permission denied.
I want to know why it is not working?
 Then the portion of script I copied and installed jdk in /usr/local/
along with its links in /usr/bin folder. When I ran java with applet
name in /usr/local/jdk1.2/demo/applets/Barchart/ I got the msg as
follows.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
What is wrong?
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA