[LI] Bad y2k rollover in mail id's?

(Sorry, Atul, I meant to send this message to the list but sent it off to
you just now.
-- prakash)

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 15:12:12 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Linux explodes on the scene
                             ^^^^^^^

Pine's message id shows that the year portion rolls over from '99' to
'100' (for other versions I noticed '00'). I noticed this for ver. 4.21
(the latest) also. I guess this is because the century digits are not used
in Pine's id. (BTW, is the message id generated by the mailer itself?)
Several other mailers have '2000' (rollover from '1999') in the year part
of the id. Some id's are a completely different format of course. But what
I would like to know is if the behaviour in Pine will cause a problem. Do
MTA's look at that '100' or '00'?

--
prakash