                                          Rajiv

       From: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AT internet on
             01/01/2000 04:33 AM CST

       To:   linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AT internet@CCMAIL
       cc:    (bcc: Rajiv Gangadharan/IN/ALLTELCORP)

       Subject:  Re: (LI) HELP: /dev/hda5 has reached maximal mount
             count - c

       Hi Suresh,
       Now I am convinced you haven't read the list archive . ;-)
       This one was already discussed on the list. Anyway a rehash ;-)
       This is nothing to worry about ! Once your / partition is
       mounted
       a certain n number of times, then an fsck is initiated
       automatically !
       Just something like a periodic check  of your hard disk.
       HTH
            Khader

       ----------------------------------   @}--------
       Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
       skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.35
       # 91-80-5262355                Extn:2527

       Suresh Ramasubramanian <r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/01/2000
       03:42:36 PM
       Hassle - When I boot to linux, once in a while I get the msg
       /dev/hda5 (my
       linux native partition) has reached maximal mount count and
       forces a check
       before booting normally.  I had not mounted any cd roms / other
       partitions
       at all before my last shutdown.

       Please search
       the archive at http://lists.linux-india.org/ before posting