Re: [LI] Multiple copies of same messages

> Have you noticed that we are receiving multiple copies of
> the same postings in the digest. It sure wastes bandwidth.
> Also it is pretty irritating.

It is due to a broken flock() in linux - the majordomo faq has something
on this.  Another reason (with servers like hotmail) is that the mail gets
sent but due to a slow connection the "your msg has been sent" page does
not show up, so the guy clicks send again and again ... (I've got upto 8
copies of a single mail from a hotmail user)

> Also, the message from the LID about saving bandwidth ineffect
> wastes the same. Why keep repeating the same message after every

<groan> Someone (Gandalf I think) said almost exactly the same thing a
while ago.  Thaths, could you please fix the LI footer at least?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx