[LI] SiS 6326 / Samtron 55E

Hi,

Rahul and Vivek said :

> > X started up but the dialog box
> > had black areas where the text should have been!
>
> try putting :
> Option "no_imageblt" in your XF86Config
The trouble was that Linux refused to start when I restarted the
system. It hung when X-Server was initialised. This black-box
problem appeared during installation.

Actually I don't use this video card and monitor combination. I tried
it at a friend's place. He got so fed up with this problem that he
dumped the idea of installing Linux for some time.

Moinak Ghosh said:
>For the monitor you will have to select "Custom" config in
>"Xconfigurator" and set the values yourself, don't use probing.
>The monitor types 5E and 55E are very different although they
What surprises me that I successfully installed a combination of
Blaster Exxtreme and Samtron 50E using the Samtron 5E/5ME
driver. When I tried a Custom here, the display was jerky.

I did try a Custom with the 55E monitor. But that also failed.

Anyway, how do I login into terminal mode instead of the GUI?

Bye,
Arun.