Re: [LI] SiS 6326 / Samtron 55E

> Actually I don't use this video card and monitor combination. I tried
> it at a friend's place. He got so fed up with this problem that he
> dumped the idea of installing Linux for some time.

i had the same combination. The steps are simple.
You do a text mode install. It is simpler and much faster.
Use XF86Setup for configuring X server.
For monitor, choose high frequency svga [1024x768 at 70 vert ref rate]
Choose SVGA server.
For card, choose your card and chipset
and fiddle with these 'options' in 'detailed setup' of card..

no_bitblt
no_imageblt
no_accel

There is no way you can not get what you want.
All the best.