Re: [LI] RedHat 6.1 slower than NT??

>> >I am using RedHat 6.1 with kde packages installed. System is very slow
even
>> >very much slower than NT.
>> >Why is it so? It is said that Linux is very much faster than NT.

I may not have noticed that RHL 6.1 is slow, since I was using it on a p100
with 16MB of ram and 1 gb of hdd, and it serves as a proxy server,  mail
gateway, print spooler and wins server for my lan and most of the time i
administer it using linuxconf network access. It also does not have a
keyboard, a mouse or even a monitor and is always kept in the paper cupboard
(cause it does not have a cabinet), with the only info is the ocassional
beeps and administration emails or smb->winpopup messages to inform me that
it connected to net or some body at a node has closed the session etc.