Re: [LI] RedHat 6.1 slower than NT??

Hi there,
Maybe you want to try running Linux with a Window Manager like IceWM or
sawmill or xfce
or fvwm2 ( Kde Happens to be one of the heavy weight champions in windows
managers essentially
because it is a complete desktop environment in itself ). Or Just plain
enlightenment 0.16 ( without gnome )
like I do !   Or just twm or olvwm or wmx or wm2.   A simple question to
you !!
Why are you using KDE ( because it looks like winduhs ?? )? I rarely use
kde ( as a matter
of fact, I don't use it at all ).    And remember when you are talking
about speed in X,
do not talk about the situation when you are running netscape  ( cause
netscape itself hogs
more than half of your memory ). Try running setiathome on NT and then on
Linux
and then try to do the comparison ;-)
And BTW I don't seem to remember any page where it says Linux is faster
than NT
*( ducking and running )* , I have seen many places saying Linux is more
stable than NT
and crashed less on you . ( None is what I mean here ;-)
HTH
     Khader

Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.34
# 91-80-5262355                Extn:2527

"Guruprasad, Mahendrakar V (IE10)" <GuruprasadM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
12/29/99 04:26:36 PM
I am using RedHat 6.1 with kde packages installed. System is very slow even
very much slower than NT.
Why is it so? It is said that Linux is very much faster than NT.