Re: [LI] access internet from proxy??

>no, actually, the sys ad here does not want to do that- i dont have a
>choice, but to use the (dumb?) win 95 as proxy server. pl try resolve the
>current problem, i m not in a position to argue with the sys ad as yet- u
>see?
>

>> > my n/w has a linux m/c and some win 95 boxes. one of the win m/c is
>> > connected to the internet, and has proxy server installed- it works
fine
>> > on other win 95 m/c but i cant access it from my linux box.
>> > i tried (just going by gut feeling) giving the vsnl dns address in
"other
>> > routes to n/w" and gave the gateway the ip address of the win proxy
m/c.
>> > but things donot work. kindly help me out!

sorry guys, i was off on an installation spree, did fifteen linux
installations using the PCQ RHL for different clients in the last three days
[these guys think than I am an expert :)].

okay
ur are fine, now fire up X windows and run netscape, go to the
edit->preferences->proxies->manual config.
enter the win 95 ip and port items here and save the preferences, now start
browsing.

but u will only be able to use http, some ftp and nothing other than this,
incase u use a linux proxy or ipforwarding, then any operation can be done.
even site restriction can be done.