RE: [LI] access internet from proxy??

> where ARE all the gurus?
I'm *no way* a guru but I'm not sure if the gurus are going to like your
tone.. (But you sound desperate, so let me try helping you anyway.)

> my n/w has a linux m/c and some win 95 boxes. one of the win m/c is
> connected to the internet, and has proxy server installed- it works fine
> on other win 95 m/c but i cant access it from my linux box.
> i tried (just going by gut feeling) giving the vsnl dns address in "other
> routes to n/w" and gave the gateway the ip address of the win proxy m/c.
> but things donot work. kindly help me out!
What make is your "win proxy"? MS Proxy? Most probably, it is not configured
to behave as a router. It is a proxy server. Meaning, on your linux box, if
you are using Netscape, then ask netscape to use this particular proxy
server as HTTP proxy.

If however, you want your linux box virtually on Internet, then you need a
real router or "IP forwarding turned ON" on your "win proxy" or (best) "IP
masquerading" linux box.