Re: [LI] access internet from proxy??

| where ARE all the gurus?
|
| my n/w has a linux m/c and some win 95 boxes. one of the win m/c is
| connected to the internet, and has proxy server installed- it works fine
| on other win 95 m/c but i cant access it from my linux box.
| i tried (just going by gut feeling) giving the vsnl dns address in "other
| routes to n/w" and gave the gateway the ip address of the win proxy m/c.
| but things donot work. kindly help me out!

Hi People
    Could someone generally point out how proxy authentication takes
place in a Linux workstation connected to a network and the proxy squid
etc on a different machine.
    Anyway Netscape in Linux allows proxy authentication.
    Is the windows machine NT or Win 95 this question may be naive, I
believe proxies are available for win95 also. But these win 95 proxies
could be working only if you connect through windows( Knowing windows ;-) )

regards
Aditya