Re: [LI] Accessing multiple Samba shares

On  0, VaibhaV Sharma <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not sure about this but It seems that two lines in ur mb.conf
> contradict....
>

> > [homes]
> > browseable = no  <--------------------------- This one
> > map archive = yes
> > map system = yes
> > map hidden = yes
> > create mask = 744
>
> > [user1]
> > comment = %U Home Directory
> > path = %H
> > username = user1
> > valid users = user1
> > writeable = yes
> > read only = no
> > browseable = yes   <------------------------- and this one
> > case sensitive = no
>

> Try changing them to browsable to yes.......both of them

I have tried to change them to "yes" and no luck yet. First thing, I would like to
achieve is, to have each user's home directory to be accessable as a drive on NT's
explorer (with all the files being listed). To achieve this, how many shares do I need
to create? Is it one for each user account?

Subba Rao
subb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com