re: [LI] Multiple POP Accounts

Anand Raman wrote:

> Yes u can pop mails from multiple email accounts to ur account
> on a linux machine comfortably using procmail

Fetchmail does the same thing very well.  In fact that's what you are
referring to I think :-)  Procmail is better suited for filtering your
mail (see http://www.hrweb.org/spambouncer - or search Google for
 <http://www.google.com/search?q=spam+bouncer> for more sites)

For getting mail from multiple accounts create a file .fetchmailrc and
chmod it to 0710 (-rwx --x ---) in your home directory.

defaults
         forcecr
     poll 202.54.30.2 with proto POP3
         user spavri with password "pass" is user spavri here
        forcecr
     poll mail.popserver.com with proto pop3
         user spavri with password "pass1" is user spavri here

Then use procmail to move mail coming to spavri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to one
folder, spavri@xxxxxxxx to another etc etc.

Then instead of using kMail (which is sadly broken) - you can use Mutt and
set sender hooks, so that replies to mail in folder popserver use the
identity spavri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx etc.

Or if you prefer pine, you can use different .pinerc for this.  Set up
different .pinerc (.pinerc1 , .pinerc2 etc etc) and start pine as pine -p
.pinerc1 etc.

In Pine - set the sender-domain field (in Setup - Config from the main
menu) to send mails using different identities.

See http://linuxindia.virtualave.net (yeah, the old ilug-hyd homepage,
which am redesigning a bit, watch out for http://www.ilug-hyd.org soon)
for a howto by Bhyrava Prasad <prasadb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on this.

hth hand hh [hope this helps, have a nice day, happy holidays]

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian       | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx [KCircle]
Ph. +(91-40)3736553, 3745398 | eFax. +(1-603)590-5437