Re: [LI] Query - multiple identities using Mutt

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote :

>Hassle - I have several mail ids forwarding to my actual VSNL acct.
>Pegasus Mail for Windows was fantastic at handling this sort of stuff. How
>do you do the same in Pine?  A different .pinerc has been suggested -
>could someone please be specific re this?

Hi Suresh,

If you insist on mutt, don't read further :)

	Pine handles this very well. You don't need 2 .pinerc's for
this. Do the following:

1. Edit or create /etc/pine.conf and add the text

	ALLOW_CHANGING_FROM

to it, preferably starting at the first column.

2. Make the file world readable.

3. Start Pine and enter setup-config. There will be an entry for
customized-headers. Add whatever you want to it
eg. From: Suresh <suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx>

4. Next time you compose mail, press Ctl-R in one of the headers( cc, to,
att, sub ), you will get a rich header with extra headers like lcc, fcc,
bcc, etc. Just edit your From: field to what you want. If you don't use
the rich header, your default from: header will be used. If the typing is
a lot everytime, add your own addresses to your addressbook and just use
the nicks.

That's it. If this looks like a lot of work, explore the feature called
"Roles" in pine >= v4.0. Don't use pine4.20. It has a few bugs. Use <4.20
or >4.20.

HTH

Gautam