Re: [LI] Query - multiple identities using Mutt

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Sathya Rangaswamy wrote:

> You can run imapd and use the netscape messenger tool to handle
> multiple IMAP accounts. This works if all mail is delivered to your
> local mail boxes.

Collecting mail from various mailboxes is no problem at all.  fetchmail
works quite ok for that, so why should I switch to IMAP (which sucks btw)?

> I have noticed that the KDE mail client will let you configure for
> multiple POP3 accounts. This may work for you as well.

IIRC - you can't ~send~ mail using different identities in kmail - just
check multiple pop accounts (which netscape can't do).  I'm talking in
terms of what Pegasus / Eudora Pro / Outlook Express 5 etc can do.

The best solution is procmail I suppose, or different .pinerc / .muttrc
files.  Maintaining so many is another hassle however.

I posted a sendmail patch (by Ron F. Guilmette <rfg@xxxxxxxxxxx>) re how
to do this - it works on the X-orcpt header (original recipient) normally
used for DSN notifications (return receipts)

Hassle - this means that most of your mailing list traffic may get
screwed if you tweak sendmail like this.  See the LI archives of a few
weeks ago re this.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian       | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx [KCircle]
Ph. +(91-40)3736553, 3745398 | eFax. +(1-603)590-5437