Re: [LI] difference between newsgroup & mailing list

Hello,

The first and immediate diff would be:
--> If you don't check your mail for 3 days, your mail service won't
give up on you ;->
However, with newsgroups, you would have to get several newsservers
around the world to accept your newsgroup.
I read this long back, but there is some group misc.announce or
something like that where you propose a new newsgroup.

A general suggestion guys. Why don't we move to a newsgroup? It should
be a lot easier to manage traffic & threads(I guess). Usenet was made
for stuff like this.

---------Rajesh Fowkar wrote-------