Re: [LI] Patitions and installing

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, ANKUSH wrote:

> I have been trying to load linux but with no success . i am loading RH6.1
> from th pcq nov99 CD but when ever i cross the installation selection > stage
..
> the instalation process starts all over again and comes to the same
> maessage. AND also on trying to make the partions manully after making the
> partions clicking the next button .the sysem reboots.
> I have a 8.4GB harddisk with 2 partitions C: and D:(each 3.92GB) D:is for
Partitioning the harddisk manually should work. Delete the second
partition hda2 (if this is where you want to install linux) and
add a swap (~ 128 MB) and one or two Linux Native partitions.
I installed linux RH61 from PCQ-CD with 8.4 GB Disk with one 4GB
partition for WIN98 and rest for Linux half an hour back.

HTH

Venkatesh

T. N. Venkatesh                  Phone : (Off)  5273351 ext 6591
Scientist, Flosolver Unit                       5086591, 5261824
National Aerospace Laboratories          (Res)  3486122
Kodihalli
Bangalore 560 017                e-mail:tnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
INDIA   			        tnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx