[LI] Patitions and installing

HI,
 I have been trying to load linux but with no success . i am loading RH6.1
 from th pcq nov99 CD but when ever i cross the installation selection
stage
 i get a message saying
 "AS YOU DONOT HAVE MUCH MEMORY INTHIS MACHINE WE NEED TO TURN ON THE SWAP
 SPACE IMMIDIATLY. TO DO THIS WE'LL HAVE TO WRITE YOUR NEW PARTION TABLE TO
 THE DISK IMMIDIATLY. IS THAT O.K" And on clicking O.K the system
rebootsand
 the instalation process starts all over again and comes to the same
 maessage. AND also on trying to make the partions manully after making the
 partions clicking the next button .the sysem reboots.
 I have a 8.4GB harddisk with 2 partitions C: and D:(each 3.92GB) D:is for
 this purpose.       The number of cylinders is 1027.
 what maybe the problem.
 ANKUSH.