[LI] About File System on Linux.

hello,
  I am new on linux. Basically i want to study linux source code for
implementation of File System.I have to bring changes in file related
system calls for my requirement.Is there any tool which would help in
reading source code ( someone told me there is linux code navigator to
study the source code).Is it necessary to study whole source code of linux
for making some changes in File System .If yes then from where i should
start code-study.

thanx in advance
bye anil