[LI] dynamic dns and mx problems

I have lahore.yi.org as my dynamic hostname

1. But my friends say they cannot connect to my box still. Is this because
their ISPs maintain their DNS caches for a longer time?

Should I ask my friends to put a.root-servers.net 's IP address in their
DNS server setting in Windows? :PPPPPP

2. If I ask yi.org to maintain primary MX record for me, I cannot send
mails out. I am running sendmail with my ISP's sendmail as the relay.
The mail would loop back with an error from my ISP's sendmail.

Why?

3. If I remove my primary MX record from yi.org DNS server and add a
secondary MX record to e.g. brain.brain.net.pk, my sendmail works ok but
would not relay mails to my ISP's sendmail, instead starts connecting to
brain.brain.net.pk

Why?

Mail relay is not working if MX is present.

Of course /etc/hosts is like

127.0.0.1       localhost
209.58.78.55		lahore.yi.org           lahore

where I replace 0.0.0.0 with my current IP address through /etc/ppp/ip-up

-Bilal