[LI] enabling DNS and Internet Gatewaying using PCQUPDT

Hi friends,

I ran PCQUPDT script and enabled DNS and Internet Gatewaying.
I made the changes told by atul in /etc/hosts file before running the above
script.

But now when my computer starts and when it tries to run the command
/sbin/ipfwadm-wrapper -F -a m -S /24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

from /etc/rc.d/rc.fw it gives me the following error :
ipchains failed!

If this command worked with the original ipfwadm 2.3, please
submit a bug report to `ipchains@xxxxxxxxxxxx'. Note that you
now need to be root, even to list the chains (complain to Alan Cox).

The best way to do this is to submit the output of `/sbin/ipfwadm-wrapper --version',
the command used to obtain this error, any previous ipfwadm
commands, and the output of `ipchains-save'.

Then try flushing all the rules `ipchains -F; ipchains -X',
setting the DEBUG_IPFWADM variable `export DEBUG_IPFWADM=1' or
`setenv DEBUG_IPFWADM 1' and rerunning the command(s) which
caused this error.

I have tried exporting DEBUG_IPWADM=1, but no effect. Same error again.

Am I doing someting wrong ? My /etc/hosts contains the following :

127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
192.168.1.1	localhost.localdomain	rajesh.com

where rajesh.com is the HOSTNAME of my machine.

Are there any advantages of enabling DNS and Internet Gatewaying on a desktop
PC ?

Thanks in advance.

 --
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)