[LI] Yamaha YMF724, My files using ISAPNP tool.

--S.K. Singh--

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Here is the process I used.
> > step 1
> > as root use command
> > pnpdump > sound
> >
> > this will dump information about all pnp cards. For PCI cards just see
> > cat /proc/pci and cat /proc/interrupts
> > Step 2
> > for isapnp device copy the relvant lines in /etc/isapnp.conf
> > and enable isapnp services.
> > and alias the devices in /etc/alisse file.
> >
> > More details can be asked from me.
>
> In conf.modules for sound line, there are three parameters
> mss_io, mpu_io and io what are they what do they signify?
> In pnpdump and also existing isapnp.conf I got the line
> (CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING
> I am also getting msg port388 is alreday in use. Sometimes I get
> kaudioserver error. How to go about it?

Hi
	The error might be beacuse of sound system partially functional.
Just put a audio sound CD and play from Gnome of KDE. It may give u sound
output. This is because some modules might have been loaded at boot time.

	The mss_io is microsoft compitable sound system driver like wise
mpu also. the io is different.
here is my /etc/conf.modules file

<snip>
# Sound
alias sound opl3sa2
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options opl3sa2 io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 irq=7 dma=0 dma2=1 mpu_io=0x330
<snip>

In above file please see the correct drivers for yoursound card and the
text available in kernel documentation may be of great help.

Then my /etc/isapnp.conf file
# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)

# ANSI string -->OPL3-SA3 Sound Board<--

(CONFIGURE YMH0020/-1 (LD 0
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0220))
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0530))
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0388))
(IO 3 (BASE 0x0330))
(IO 4 (BASE 0x0370))
(INT 0 (IRQ 7 (MODE +E)))
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 0))
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 1))
(ACT Y)
))

This would work you may cahngre IRQ etc accordingly