Re: [LI] Yamaha YMF724

linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> --S.K. Singh--
>
> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Arjun Prabhu K wrote:
> >
> > > I know many people how have Removed LINUX - Reason: NO sound , Yamaha
> > > YMF724 card. !!
>
> Hey friends,
>
> I have configured such cards long back when sndconfig was not effective.
> Here is the process I used.
> step 1
> as root use command
> pnpdump > sound
>
> this will dump information about all pnp cards. For PCI cards just see
> cat /proc/pci and cat /proc/interrupts
> Step 2
> for isapnp device copy the relvant lines in /etc/isapnp.conf
> and enable isapnp services.
> and alias the devices in /etc/alisse file.
>
> More details can be asked from me.

In conf.modules for sound line, there are three parameters
mss_io, mpu_io and io what are they what do they signify?
In pnpdump and also existing isapnp.conf I got the line
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING
I am also getting msg port388 is alreday in use. Sometimes I get
kaudioserver error. How to go about it?
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA