Re: [LI] Yamaha YMF724

--S.K. Singh--

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Arjun Prabhu K wrote:
>
> > I know many people how have Removed LINUX - Reason: NO sound , Yamaha
> > YMF724 card. !!

Hey friends,

I have configured such cards long back when sndconfig was not effective.
Here is the process I used.
step 1
as root use command
pnpdump > sound

this will dump information about all pnp cards. For PCI cards just see
cat /proc/pci and cat /proc/interrupts
Step 2
for isapnp device copy the relvant lines in /etc/isapnp.conf
and enable isapnp services.
and alias the devices in /etc/alisse file.

More details can be asked from me.
Thanks