Re: [ Offline ] Re: [LI] Yamaha YMF724

You can probably sustain this argument in a LUG meeting, but not in front
of a general technical audience.

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 10:32:00AM +0530, Jiju Thomas Mathew wrote:

> some other points (which I found useful)
> 1. Illegal operations                        Windows got it
> Linux no

Linux has SIGBUS.

> 2. Registry corruption                    Windows cannot do with out it
> never heard of this prob

If you let the rpm installations screw with files in /etc, you'd get the
same result. There are both advantages to centralization and a per application
$HOME/.foorc or /etc/foorc file.

I'd like to set my personal profile up in one place, rather than having
the same information replicated in 10 different mail clients.

> 3. Defragmentation of swap         heavy and affects system perf        swap
> is a drive which fresh on each session

I'm not aware of this particular issue. Do you have a reference to how
Windows NT manages swap ?

> 4. Cluster utilization                        4k with fat32 and 32k with
> fat16    1k to 4k per inode

I'm sure this is not a problem with NTFS.

> 5. services                                        poor
> unlimited

Care to elaborate ?

> skim thru the jpeg cards i have souped up at digitel.webjump.com/cards.htm
> and find the suitable ones to emphasise ur points.

I like the cards though :)

	-Arun