Re: [LI] Yamaha YMF724

>Hi Arjun,
>    Here are a few things I have noted while trying to convert people.
>Please note that this is not a flame
>
>1. Most of them are using pirated copies of Windows let alone the
>    Software running on it.
>2. While buying PC they do not bother to see the specs just the price.
>   This is after PCQuest  comes part specs their cost etc in Products
>    Annual.
>3. These people face problems even with windows because of badly
>    written drivers for cheap hardware.
>
>4. Best way to convert these people is to find a cheap and decent quality
>   hardware for them. But first they have to believe that piracy is not
>legal.
>
>    The overall Linux cost benefits are too high.
>regards
>Aditya

Hello Aditya,

    What u say is absolutely true. But I bet the reason for popularity of
Windows in India atleast is Piracy ! + availability of drivers for almost
all the devices.
And now for the cost factor. If we consider the normal Average
user(beginners) ... Then they are more concern with the cost... And quality
means very less to them.... so then end up in a mess. But for the power
user...(experienced) the quality is important. Thus...  the linux os must
support cards like Yamaha ymf724....  so that people start to use it, before
they loose interest.
Hope u agree with me

regards.
Arjun Prabhu K