Re: [Re: [LI] Athlon]

I know this is getting to be a hardware discussion, but seriously
speaking, the athlon's performance gap is worth it. For around 55-60K U
can build a supercomp which will run everything happily for at least 4
yrs( Even M$ stuff ;-> ) Check out
http://www.tomshardware.com
Then head for http://www.arstechnica.com

BTW, I recently checked: Athlon500 (with AMD FesterB3 mb) : Rs23,000 &
the 600 is 27,000 w mb. If you are like Khader and go for bleeeeeding
edge, the Athlon 750 (chip only) costs Rs.54,000. ouch.
BTW, "low-end"Athlon >> "high-end" most stuff!
>I am not sure about the prices in India but the prices in singapore is as >follows.
>1. athlon 500 Mhz   355 $
>2. Gigabyte m/b     268 $
>3. Fan               20 $
>total is  643 s$ = 16000 rs approx (1s$ = 25 rs)
>this is slightly more expensive than P-III 500 Mhz
>if i were to buy i wud wait a bit more... get some more money and buy an >athlon... its worth it.

Definitely. Next price crash Jan-Feb: I'm waiting for that.

Which brings me to a second part of the qn.: Any body heard anything
about issues with AGP/Athlon or AGP/GeFORCE256 ? (Drivers for Win exist
that are supposed to take performance way higher).