Re: [Re: [LI] Athlon]

I am not sure about the prices in India but the prices in singapore is as follows.

1. athlon 500 Mhz   355 $
2. Gigabyte m/b     268 $
3. Fan		     20 $

total is  643 s$ = 16000 rs approx (1s$ = 25 rs)

this is slightly more expensive than P-III 500 Mhz

U can by K6-2 and K6-3 ... specially the new .18 micron range has speeds upto 533 Mhz. But do not expect performances like athlon. As of now it decidedly is the best in the market.

Even the k6-3 450 Mhz is 248 $.... and the asus m/b around 200$ so in all its a saving of may be 4000-5000 rs at the best.

if i were to buy i wud wait a bit more... get some more money and buy an athlon... its worth it.