Re: [LI] Increasing the size of the mount point

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, root wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanna know if it possible to increase the size of space allocated to a
> mount point.
> I did a automatic installation for GNOME workstation, and it allocated
> 720 MB space to "/". But i need to add more space to the same mount
> point. I need atleast 1200 Mb for "/". I have created a new partition
> that is 500 MB.
> Now i need to know if it possible, and if yes, how can a i combine the
> two partitions which point to the same mount point "/".

Well this wont be possible to combine the two partitions. It fdisk shows
the two partitions are occupying consecutive cylinders then i suppose it
would be possible.
The better idea would be to put the partion name in /etc/fstab and its
mount point. Choose a suitable mount point depending upon the exact
directory for which you need space.
dipinder.