Re: [LI] sis6326 : For absolutely the last time.

The SiS 6326 card is perfectly supported by the default SVGA server in RedHat
6.1 . I get 1024x768 at 24 bit color, and no more only because my monitor
does not support it. Yes, the 8MB 6326 version of the card is the entry-level
now, and should be availabe in the 1500-2000 Rs. range. You have to add the
following options to the XF86Config file, though - Option "noaccel", and
Option "noblt". If , however, you dont want to tinker with the configuration
file, you can always download the XFCom_SiS driver from SuSe. (www.suse.com ,
and search for the link to X servers on that page). This one works even
better than the SVGA server in XFree86 3.3.5, and the card is supported
better in the default server.

Yours,

venu.

Reply to : venu@xxxxxxxx