RE: [LI] RH 6.1 Machine hangs on issuing a PING!!!

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, ctdept wrote:

+ Hi TIA all the guys who responded to my query.  Here are my answers for the
+ queries posed.  Sorry for the delay in coming back to u.  I am still stuck
+ up with the problem.  The machine an IBM PC 300 GL works well with NT.  It
+ resides on another partition.
+
+ 1.  is ifconfig showing a reliable information ? ie is the eth-card
+ initialised properly ?
+
[snip]

O'oh. That seems to be *some* problem. Few more guess from my side :)

0. Is the network card OK? Does that work with other machines? Do other
   cards work with this machine?

Else, some toughs tips:

1. Recompile madi.

2. Download the ping program (shud be there at ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu,
   i've not checked tho.. ). Or if that is too cumersome, write a small
   priliminary one (using RAW sockets and all that). Compile, pray and
   play :) and report.

Sharad.

--
Sharad.Joshi@xxxxxxxxx