[LI] Partitioning error: No free primary

> I would not recommend using NTFS on a dual boot Linux/NT box.

I wished to use the native NTFS so that it could properly manage it's
files.. after all, why not?

> Linux has Beta read only support for NTFS.

This even I was aware of. But I think the risk could be taken well... it
was calculated.. I think Khader informed me that he has been using it
[or was it someone else?] NTFS+Linux partition with some utility and it
worked for him for READ and WRITE to/from Linux and NTFS. So I thought
WHY NOT? Anyway, drivers for this support will soon be available, I
hope..

What I wished to avoid was address change from 16 bit to 32 bit, for the
o/s. Trying to remove as many performance bottleneck from my system as
possible.

> Also If you want to use
> the NT  kernel loader to boot Linux or NT you wont go anywhere with NTFS and
> you will be stuck with a Linux boot floppy for ever .

No, I think there is a better idea. Partition first. Install NT, let it
write the MBR. Then install Linux in the free space. Let Lilo recognize
where NT sits.
It will boot it. And remember 'never to repair' the MBR as prompted by
NT disk manager. It worked fine with me. [I lost everything the last
time when I did this.]

Anyone else can address the problem? This mail has partly concentrated
on NT yet the problem I am trying to solve belongs to Linux. Do reply,

Rohit