[LI] Novell Client for Linux

hi,
Aditya, Nishanth thanks for the tipsand enlightenment about Novell security. You were right that Linux can emulate Novell client of course without the graphical interface as in Windows. My office LAN uses a Novell server for Printing and internet access. So just by configuring my DNS settings and few files like /etc/hosts I have my internet connection up and running hassle free but i am still having problems with my printer. To start with when I do cat /proc/devices I do not see anything like lp0,lp1 or whatever. So i recompiled my kernel just to make sure that I have support for a parallel printer but even now when I cat /proc/devices i still do not see the lp0 or lp1... I tried going ahead with printtool and cannot get the printer working so I am assuming that problem is with the printer support i the kernel (I may be wrong). Please advise where I am going wrong.
Thanks.
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok