[LI] SMTP server setting

Hi,

I am trying to set up an SMTP server using Linux. My company uses MS
Exchange 5.5 for mail distribution. We have got 128K leased internet circuit
connected to our internet segment. All activities from the local (private)
segment to the internet (public) segment take place thru' proxy server.

The proposed configuration goes like this :

Whenever, as an Exchange user in the local segment, I send a mail it goes to
the local exchange server. In the local exchange server Internet Mail
Service is setup which relays all mails through the proxy to the SMTP
server. The SMTP server queues up these messages and finally delivers them
to the internet.

Whenever an internet mail comes to my SMTP server (SMTP server MX record is
added in our authorotitive primary DNS) it redirects these incoming mails
for my doamin (e.g., mydomain.com)  thru' the proxy server to the exchange
server IMS.

The proposed diagram is give below :

		                  and from
		              Internet Cloud
			           /|\

			           \|/
		   	|============|
			|		 |
			|  SMTP (linux)	 |
			|		 |
			|============|

		|========================|
		|				 | Rule Set in Proxy :
		|     Proxy (CSM Proxy)		 |
---------------------------
		|     Win NT 4.0 Server		 | When client is Exchange
then server is SMTP (for outbound mails)
		|========================| When client is SMTP then server
is Exchange (for inbound mails)

			|  POP3 Server	 |
			|  Exchange 5.5  |
			| With IMS          |

Can I achive this SMTP server functionality thru' a Red Hat Linux 5.2 server
? Is yes, the how ?

Please help.

Regards,
Anik Datta Mazumder