Re: [LI] SMTP server setting

>Whenever, as an Exchange user in the local segment, I send a mail it goes
>the local exchange server. In the local exchange server Internet Mail
>Service is setup which relays all mails through the proxy to the SMTP
>server. The SMTP server queues up these messages and finally delivers them
>to the internet.
>
>Whenever an internet mail comes to my SMTP server (SMTP server MX record is
>added in our authorotitive primary DNS) it redirects these incoming mails
>for my doamin (e.g., mydomain.com)  thru' the proxy server to the exchange
>server IMS.

it would be easier to avoid the exchange server altogether, but since others
are using it, it would be better to leave it as such and configure sendmail
to do relaying only and that too for the local domain for inbound and any
domain for outbound.  Well we were also trying to achieve somewhat similar,
but with out the permanent connection to internet and with out an MS
Exchange Server in between the client and the smtp [to mess up things].
Have some what succeded in doing so.  I could not find the documentaion for
sendmail in my RHL 5.2, may be because it was a restricted installation,
since I needed max space free on the machine for print and mail spool.

go read the Intranet Server howto, refer to www.sendmail.org, or better go
in for qmail. please do doccument what you had done and share it.