Re: Re: [LI] slackware96 y2k compatibility (fwd)

Bilal Bhai

>  Chances of y2k incompatibility in "Slackware96" are slim to none;
> there are no y2k problems of which I am aware in sendmail.
>    Slackware Linux Project | info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendmail is Y2K compliant - no problems.  However, there is
another angle which you have to consider.

As I have kept mentioning on LI and elsewhere - sendmail 8.6 or
8.7 (which is what you get with *nix builds of 1996 or so) is, in the
words of sendmail.org, "Insecure, Unsupported and should NOT be
used on a production mailserver".

Sendmail 8.8.x is not all that better - due to lots of security holes
(including buffer overflow attacks, lots of relay vulnerablities etc)

Suggest you move to 8.9.3 ASAP and (this is important) rebuild
your sendmail.cf as soon as you upgrade your sendmail.

--s

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.
        -- Sean O'Casey