Re: [LI] kernel and porting

Hi,

skhader@xxxxxxxxxx <skhader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>For studying the kernel in depth, can anyone gimme pointers as to
>where I can start from so that as I go on, I get on to the working
>of the kernel, the memory management done by the kernel, scheduling
>and all that which is done by the kernel. All this so that it does not
>go over my head and learn something also.

First, you should read the document at http://www.tux.org/lkml
It has lots of references (both pointers and books) which can
help you get started.

But the best way I suggest would be to get reading the sources
directly. Since your interest is in memory management, you'll
have to look through the arch/i386/kernel/* sources.

Hope this helps!

Prashant