[LI] Kernel compilation 'what-if' scenario

Hi All,

Suppose I modify some entries in my kernel config file such that I change
only the 'yes' option to 'no' *without* disturbing any options for the
modules and recompile. Do I need to recompile and reinstall the modules too
? How is this going to affect behaviour of my new kernel should I choose
not to recompile modules.

I am interested in doing this to trim my kernel down to a minimum.

Thanks,
Sabir