[LI] .htaccess again.

Hi all !,
	My .htaccess problem is still not solved ....

it is still being ignored.

The httpd.conf is the installation default , and i still have'nt made many
changes to it ,
and i placed my .htaccess and .htpasswd file in /home/httpd/html directory
(temporarily)
the .htacess file reads:

AuthName Webmaster
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/httpd/html/.htpasswd
require valid-user

and i also made sure that allow override is set to all, by editing th
httpd.conf file such that:

<snip>

<Directory /home/httpd/html>
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
# order allow,deny
# allow from all
</directory>

<snip>

Also, httpd.conf has the line AccessFileName defined correctly.
the other thing is that, my .htpasswd contains
<username>:<encrypted Password>

I have read the Apache FAq too, but still unable to setup the security, as
the file is totally being ignored and i am not being asked the user/pass.
Please help !
Thanks a lot in advance,
Regards,
Gaurav.