Re: [[LI] SiS6215 (Success in getting 1024x768 resolution)]

hi Rajesh Fowkar
                     Could u please forward me more information about how did
u go about installing the sis 6215 card in Linux environment....i also need to
install it..as u know that the system looks awfully inviting but ugly without
the card installed.
Please send me all the information possible incluuding the commands that u
gave..i shall be very grateful to u. Mail me at cutesardar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DEV

<rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi SiS Card users,

Now I get 1024x768 resolution at 16bit colour depth.(SiS6215 Card with 2MB
VRAM).

After going through the doc files , I added the following to my
/etc/X11/XF86Config file :

 Option   "fast_vram"
 Option   "pci_burst_on"

Earlier if I change my resolution to 1024x768 the screen used to shake. But
after adding the above two options in device section no problems.

Hope this might be helpful to some of you.

Bye

--
Rajesh Fowkar
(ALIAS Shriram Fowkar)