Re: [[LI] Re: SAMBA SERVER PROBLEM]

"R Rajendran" <rajendran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:11:46   G.Sriram wrote:
>Hi all,
>	I have LINUX 6.1 (pcq) with samba installed. I am able to mount a win'95
>node from the Linux server, but the otherway is not possible. I not able to
>see the LINUX box in network neighborhood. When I tried to ping from 95
>node it works. I have a NT machine also in the network. I have set the
>95-box to connect to NT. When I tried to change the domain name from NT TO
>LINUX. "Domain server not found error occurs".
>
>Is it necessary to set the domain name and workgroup name as the same ?
>

>G. Sriram

There is no need for the domain namd & the workgroup to be the same.  The two
servers only to be on the same workgroup.

- Rajendran
  Udumalpet

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com

Rajendran,
Check your /etc/smb.conf file and see if you have given permissions for the IP
address of your win95 mode. check your user has been added to linux server,
and finally check if you can telnet into your linux machine?

Saurabh