Re: [LI] Bare Bones Linux >> Bootdisk howto and ldd <<

Hi

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, sKhader wrote:
> On my system I would like to install Linux manually.
> I mean just get some tar balls, manually creating the
> filesystem. Then installing the necessary files, then
> adding the kernel, then installing the x-server, the web server
> the development utilities, ftp server, telnet server.

Check out the

/usr/doc/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO

It should be a good enough starting point, giving you a overview of how things
work in linux,  the MINIMAL filesystem etc.

Also "ldd" is a good tool to identify the libraries needed by a application.
WHich may be required when deciding what and all you need to have.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC