[LI] Need help badly

This might not be the right mailing list - but since I use RedHatLinux - I
have decided to post anyway. Help if highly appreciated.

We have a set up at the our client site having the following configuration:

1. Linux machine - RedHat Linux 6.0
2. # 1 hosts a Apache web server 1.3.9
3. # 1 also hosts Apache JServ machine 1.0
4. # 1 also hosts GNUJSP 0.91 and its supporting JSP engine.

Give this setup - when the server is running, they have 8 JVMs running on
the server. Out of which - ONLY one is being used.

We perceive that this is one of the problem for the performance degradation
of the server.

Can you please help me/us in figuring out why there are 8 JVMs getting
spawned? Also, out of which why only one is being used?

Thanks, Satya