[LI] installation problem : RH6.1

Dear All,
i got this request for help regarding Rh6.1 installation, and frankly i am stumped. so i am forwarding the message on to LI, in the hope that all the 'guru's out there may be able to help.

"From: D V Sridharan  sridharandv@xxxxxxxx
Subject: linux help

the first time i tried everything went off well, i had the kde desktop running etc... but i thought it was too slow... so tried a reinstall with fewer ops. - thats when the wheels came off... the reinstall went well... but my old darling refuses to boot... after the message "congratulations... remove media and restart" the screen prints LI- and blinks... i tried rebooting with the boot disk prepared during install: this time i type 'linux' or 'rescue' against the 'boot:' prompt and i get a series of errors, like error 0x80 or 0x04 and the like... the process autocycles forever...  what might be happening? during reinstall, i configured the LILO to install the boot in 'hda1' which is my harddisk... my pc is 'setup'  to look at the floppy first and then the hard-disk... and i tried setting up the reverse order too but no luck... i feel a good copy of the os is sitting on the harddisk but the boot sector is not accessible... some files from the cd-rom may have to be copied on to !
the floppy to boot right: but which? or any other ideas to get going from where i am?
the machine is pc486, 16mb ram, 540mb hdd; partitions are 400mb for the root
and 119 for the swap; no dos part. "

please reply either to the list or to the email addresses.
thanx
Manish.