Re: [LI] (off topic) Scandisk - ARCHAN >> SafeMODE = No Services + No network <<

Hi

>     Hanish suggest me to remove the entries form the registry for RUN and
> RUNONCE keys for the app that loads I removed all & also in win.ini and
> system.ini. But the problem still exists.
>     ARCHAN suggests to boot in safe mode and make window$ virtual memory to
> NIL and do and Voila!! its SUCCESSFUL. ARCHAN  THANKS a LOT. Can U please
> tell me what was the actual problem??? and how it gone by doing so....

2 possibilites

a) If you remember I had told you about NETWORK also , so If you are part of a
network, then As I suggested you should have removed the cable or so. Otherwise
the systems Harddisk can be accesed over the network.

b) In windows there is one more way of starting services automaticaly which I
forgot to mention. If I am not wrong when registering a service or com server
in the registry one as to add a run key under its registry key or subtree or
whatever. Even this could be the problem.

However What Archan suggest is the SIMPLE, STRAIGHT FORWARD way of achieving
it, which I forgot at the time of reply, (Haven't used windows for some time
now). When you get into SAFEMODE in windows, it doesn't start any services or
startup programs. Also the network is automaticaly disabled UNLESS you select
**** SafeMode with Network **** option in the start menu.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC