Re: [LI] Returned mail: Data format error (fwd)

On 25 Nov 99, at 10:19, thus spake RAVIKANT K RAO:

> I'm posting all this stuff from a telnet into giasmda ... both the

<<< 553-5.4.3 Policy analysis reports DNS error with your
<<< 553-5.4.3 source domain.   Please correct your source

My dear friend, you are not running dns on your box, and even if
you do, it does not matter in this case.  You are telnetted to the
giasmda server - your box is now a dumb terminal connected to the
 vsnl box - effectively you are running Digital Unix (I think) rather
than Linux now <g>.

So it is obvious that the problem is at VSNL's end.  Call the support
desk and tell them straightaway (or rather as soon as vsnl opens at
abt 10 in the morning).

Looks like vsnl is heading for some deep trouble - a friend who tried
to mail me from a vsnl b'lore dialup faced the same problems - only
our MTAs were not that informative.  Or it might be a result of some
screwup in maintenance (vsnl servers in hyd were down for 24 hrs,
for routine maintenance, maybe the same in other cities)

vger.rutgers.edu is helpful enough to identify it as a DNS problem
(in case it was not obvious already <g>).

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    Remember, even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat.