[LI] Linux Inda and Debian

Y'know, the charge of splitting the community could be laid against me
too -- after all, I started the Linux-Delhi mailing list, which could
be perceived as driving a wedge between the Linux-India and the
Linux-Delhi users.  However, I've found that, Insh'allah, both lists
manage to co-exist pretty well, and some stuff which is purely local
to Delhi doesn't make it to the main list, while important stuff has a
habit of permeating list boundaries.  And most Linux-Delhi users (to
the best of my knowledge) are Linux-India users too.

Similarly, I don't expect that the creation of a Debian-only list will
harm any of our interests (note: I didn't say ego's ;-) .  If Debian
users feel more comfortable keeping their Debian-specific problems out
of Linux-India, why not?  They are more likely to get attention in a
Debian-only list, so I wish them vaya con Dios in their endeavour.  Of
course, it doesn't look like it's going to happen now, certain sid's
having cravenly withdrawn their proposals ;-), but it's likely to crop
up again.

Regards,

-- Raju

    vrl> Hi Everybody, I am reading the discussions about factorising
    vrl> the Linux India community. Before Atul says something I would
    vrl> like to write about this.

    vrl> I am very much new user for Linux merely introduced to Linux
    vrl> in IT.COM , Banglore ,1999.  But since then I and my
    vrl> collegues are working on Linux and right now we are having
    vrl> One Red Hat 6.0 Linux Server and 5 Linux clients.  We have
    vrl> successfully running the our Inhouse softwares which were
    vrl> written in Clipper 5.2 now they are under FlagShip.

    vrl> You all might wonder Why I am telling all this. I am coming
    vrl> to the point.  we are able to do this all because of
    vrl> archieves which are available and hundreds of mails which are
    vrl> pouring in everyday for reference.So as a novice persons we
    vrl> have installed and succefully running Linux. By making groups
    vrl> among the Linux community I think persons who are just now
    vrl> entering the Linux world will not be able to get the
    vrl> infromation as we can do now.

    vrl> That's why becoming a 'Guru' or a being one is not a big
    vrl> thing. But important is how you are distributing your
    vrl> knowledge to others. And mind you I am sure even the persons
    vrl> who like to have group of themselves don't know about Linux
    vrl> as it is so big and vast! by grouping they are blocking thei
    vrl> rown knowledge for the bitter.

    vrl> Pradeep

    vrl> vrl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    vrl> The Linux India Mailing List Archives are now available.
    vrl> Please search the archive at http://lists.linux-india.org/
    vrl> before posting your question to avoid repetition and save
    vrl> bandwidth.