[LI] Please think about X-Internet PASSWORD.

Respected Linux Guru(s),

    I am using Internet through LINUX from RH5-RH6.X and providing $FREE
service to them, who like to see the www independent of their OS. I use to
motivate them to use Linux as DesktopOS for Net use. But sorry to say that
in which manner KPPP use to keep the PASSWORD(s) in the file kppp config is
very BAD. It keeps as flat, so person using KDE, if not very Linuxer, can
loooose his/her i a/c hours. It is expected that the password should be
encrypted and then store into a file, not flat.
    Suggest me about the file level (de)encryption of kppp config file and
protect new user from pip. Do not post your ans; just suggesting some (good)
old norms to secure PC as a whole. Make me updt as quick as possible; or
wait for a back-door solution from me...

>From
Saugata Chakrabarti.
C/O Linux.